There are two types of companies that you can opt to incorporate under the Malaysian Companies Act 2016:
The requirements to form a new company or opening a new company are as follow:
- Minimum of one (1) Shareholder
- Minimum of one (1) Director
- Qualified Company Secretary who can be either:
- An individual who is a member of a professional body prescribed by the Minister of Domestic Trade Cooperative and Consumerism; or
- An individual licensed by the Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM)
Both the director and company secretary shall ordinarily reside in Malaysia by having a principal place of residence in Malaysia.
A. PROCEDURES TO INCORPORATE A SDN BHD COMPANY IN MALAYSIA
B. INCORPORATION DOCUMENTS REQUIRE TO PREPARE BEFORE LODGE WITH SSM
For incorporation of a private limited company, the Articles of Association shall contain the following clauses.
- Restriction on the right to transfer the company’s shares;
- Limitation on the number of members to not exceed fifty;
- Prohibition to any invitation to the public to subscribe the shares/debentures of the company; and
- Prohibition on public invitation to deposit money with the company.
D. CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
Upon incorporation, the company is advised to obtain the required license/permit/approval from other relevant authorities prior to the operation of business outlined in the Memorandum of Association.
C. REGISTRATION FEES FOR AUTHORISED SHARE CAPITAL
|AUTHORISED SHARE CAPITAL (RM)||FEES (RM)|
|Up to 400,000||1,000|
|400,001 – 500,000||3,000|
|500,001 – 1 million||5,000|
|1,000,001 – 5 million||8,000|
|5,000,001 – 10 million||10,000|
|10,000,001 – 25 million||20,000|
|25,000,001 – 50 million||40,000|
|50,000,001 – 100 million||50,000|
|100,000,001 and above||70,000|