Annual Return is a return stating yearly up to date information of a company as at anniversary date. Pursuant to Section 68 of the Companies Act 2016, all private limited companies are required to lodge its Annual Return with the SSM within thirty (30) days from its anniversary of incorporation date each calendar year.
Annual Return of a company shall contain the following information:
- Registered office address.
- Address where Register of Members is kept.
- Address where financial or accounting records are kept.
- Business activities.
- Business address.
- Summary of shareholding structure
- Particulars and the total amount of indebtedness for registered charge and non-registered charge with the Registrar.
- Particulars of Directors, Managers, Secretaries and Auditors.
- List of members and its shareholding.
- Certificate that certifies the following:
- that the provisions of the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965, relating to the unclaimed moneys have been complied with;
- having made an inspection of the share register, that transfers have not been registered since date of the last annual return or the incorporation of the company;
- that the company has not since the date of the last annual return issued any invitation to the public to subscribe for any shares in or debentures of the company or to deposit moneys for fixed periods or payable at call;
- that the excess of members of the company above fifty (counting joint holders of shares as one person) consists only of persons who are in the employment of the company or of its subsidiary or persons who while previously in the employment of the company or of its subsidiary were and thereafter have continued to be members of the company;
- that the company is a public company which has more than five hundred members and the company provides reasonable opportunities and facilities for a person to inspect and take copies of its list of members and its particulars of shares transferred;
- that none of the members of the company is holding shares as a nominee or trustee.